Hail thee, my beloved country!

Towards the end of july for some days this was my tagline on Gtalk-

I Nearly Died In Adoration

Probably one of the most beautiful taglines I have ever seen. At first it is not very clear as to what is written. In fact, some of the guys (n even gals) thought it was for some girl. ;) However, take a closer look at the line-the line spells out INDIA if u take the first letters of all the words. Now u see the beauty!



Although I hadn't had enough sleep thanks to all the drunkards in my floor who howled all night long,today I woke up on a very happy note due to the beauty of the occasion. However, everything kept going wrong for quite sometime. I was told that the flag hoisting was at 8:30am. However, at 8:10am I got a call from a friend that the flag hoisting in the campus was already over(at 7:30). For a moment or two I was left speechless that I missed it and that whether I would be able to attend any flag hoisting this year at all. Its my belief and I think I'm pretty justified also when I say that that every year on Independence Day u should attend at least 1 flag hoisting ceremony. So I was feeling terribly weird for not attending any ceremony this year. But thankfully the hostel flag hoisting ceremony was still left. I did attend that. But what was disappointing there was that only 15 (or so) guys attended it.(Out of 800!)

Friends, Indians, countrymen! Lend me ur ears! Rise n show patriotism for ur motherland. Respect ur country and respect the deeds of its freedom fighters. It is one of the most important fundamental duties. This freedom is very hard earned and u should show ur realization towards this fact as aften as possible-sply on 26th Jan, 15th Aug n 2nd Oct and not treat these days as "mere holidays". Also plz don't say that "respect should be from the heart n that it doesnt matter whether u show it or not." Its possibly the worst excuse for not attending any particular ceremony. If u really do respect ur country then u will automatically show it as well. Its not a very big deal, u see. But it matters a lot. I'm nt preaching that u give ur nite routine for this(Even drinking n shouting in the halls although most of us couldn't sleep coz of that-probably none of them will be reading this blog as well). But taking of 10 mins from ur sleep would make all the difference that is required.
So everyone repeat after me......
Hail thee, OUR beloved country!